Top 10 Eye Care Creams: Best of 2018
We all love to look good, whether we are women or men. And to look good, we usually focus on different things at different times: our hair, our clothes, our eyes and our skin. While the first three categories are as important as the skin, we are going to focus on the skin for this article.
Taking care of the skin can be difficult, Since everything in the environment –and even some products we use- damages our skin. And when we talk about the skin around the eyes, things get even more complicated, since that area is very sensitive. To take proper care of the skin under the eyes, eye creams are the best options. Here we will show you ten of the best eye creams and the most frequent questions that people have about them Let’s get to it.
L’Oreal Paris White Perfect Magic White Eye Cream.
L’Oreal Paris White Perfect Magic White Eye Cream is designed to improve and brighten the skin that surrounds the eye. It helps correct and reduces fine lines, dark circles and eye bags, thanks to the Opti-Blur technology it features, that also helps to remove the tired look in the eyes.
Manufactured by one of the largest and most popular beauty and cosmetics company, L’Oreal Paris, this cream is a great option to make the skin around your eyes look amazing to give your entire face a rejuvenated look. Some of its main features and pros are:
- It has so-called “magic beads” that reduce the darkness and dullness of the skin by melting right after you apply the cream and distributing evenly to brighten the complexion of your skin.
- It is a great option for people who wear contact lenses or generally have sensitive eyes.
- Leaves the skin with more brightness and makes it look vibrant, hydrated, recharged and even-toned.
- Can visibly lift the eye contour area to give you a radiant and flawless look.
- The Opti-Blur Technology it incorporates reduces bags, dark eye circles, fatigued look of the eyes and fine lines almost instantly.
- It includes Vitamin C, caffeine and micro-whitening pigments to make your skin look better than ever.
Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair
Dermalogica Intensive Eye Repair is an ultra-rich eye cream that specifically targets dehydrated skin around the eyes. It helps repair the damage caused by premature aging in the delicate skin around the eyes and it also helps protect the skin from natural and artificial elements in the air such as free radicals and pollution that cause the skin to dehydrate and look darker and saggy.
This dedicated eye cream is one of the best options if you suffer from dryness and general damage in the skin around your eyes, and it has many features and benefits that will help you achieve a perfectly looking skin. Some of those features and benefits are:
- It repairs the effects of premature aging thanks to the Vitamin A, Pro-Vitamin B5 and Wild Yam extract it includes.
- It increases the natural elasticity and smoothness of the skin thanks to the phytonutrients included in the Arnica and Cucumber extracts it features.
- The Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Grape Seed Extract included in this cream help protect your eyes against environmental damage.
- It infuses skin with critical hydration, repairs the signs of photoaging and diminishes the appearance of fine lines.
Biotherm Homme Total Recharge Eye.
Biotherm Homme Total Recharge Eye is an eye cream specifically designed for men who want to take care of the skin around their eyes. It has a very fluid, fresh and cooling texture that is distributed on the skin around the eyes via a roll-on.
This eye cream that is specifically designed for men, is a very good option if you want to repair aging-related damages, reduce visible lines and give the skin under your eyes an all-around more rejuvenated, healthy and energized look. Some of its main features and pros are:
- It is dispensed via a roll-on that not only helps the cream be applied more evenly, but also gives you at the same time a massage that helps with micro-circulation issued and promotes the penetration of the ingredients to make your skin look dashing.
- It targets tired eye contours and reduces the look of dark circles and eye bags.
- Its ingredients feel fresh to the touch and leave the skin under your eyes with a very cool and energizing feel and look.
- It helps make your eyes look more relaxed and smooth.
Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream with Anise.
Forest Essentials Intensive Eye Cream with Anise is a very luxurious and efficient eye cream that helps improve the general look of the skin around your eyes, by reducing signs of aging, tiredness, dark circles and puffiness related to not getting enough sleep or environmental factors. This is what makes this one the best eye cream for dark circles.
This cream has a very innovative formula that was specially designed for the delicate eye contour area, and it has several benefits and features, such as:
- It features active extracts of Potato starch and Papaya that help moisturize and rehydrate the very delicate area that surrounds the eyes.
- It also features Chakshushya and Anise that smooth and nourish the skin to help reducing the dryness and the appearance of fine lines.
- The oils contained in this very effective cream are cold-pressed by hand.
- It is 100% natural and it is free of animal cruelty, animal products, petrochemicals, synthetic colors, parabens, alcohol and PEGs, which makes it an amazing option for people with sensitive skin.
- It applies easily and evenly to get all the benefits without any visible traces of the cream whatsoever after just a few seconds of dabbing it.
Clinique All About Eyes – Reduces Circles, Puffs.
Clinique All About Eyes is a very effective eye cream that was specially formulated to bring maximum results with no irritation at all. It is a very lightweight cream that reduces the appearance of under-eye circles and puffs. It features a very cutting-edge formula that is between a cream and a gel, and actually helps to hold eye make up in place instead of smudging it.
This cream/gel is one of the best options for taken care of the skin under your eyes, and it has several pros and features. Some of them are:
- No parabens, no fragrance and no phthalates, which is what makes this cream a very effective and delicate option for people with sensitive skin.
- Ophthalmologists tested it to ensure that is safe and appropriate for people with sensitive eyes.
- It should be used twice a day, once in the morning and once before going to sleep to achieve the best possible results.
- All the ingredients in this cream were extensively tested by dermatologists for safety and effectiveness.
- Clinique, the company that makes it, has a zero carbon footprint goal for 2020, which is a very cool added benefit of purchasing this cream.
L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Eye Cream.
L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Eye Cream is the second entry in this list for eye creams made by L’Oreal Paris, which should give you a pretty good idea of how dedicated is the company to provide you with the best products for taking proper care of your skin. This eye cream aims to rejuvenate and repair most of the visible and invisible damages that happen in the skin under your eyes due to aging and external factors, such as pollution or makeup.
This eye cream provides almost immediate results, leaving the skin around your eyes looking smoother and rehydrated. These are some of its other features and pros:
- After just one hour of applying it, your skin already looks rehydrated and smoother.
- After just one week of daily use, the skin under your eyes will look more radiant and well rested.
- After a month, the dark circles, under eye bags and wrinkles will start to appear visibly reduced, and the skin will look substantially rejuvenated. If you are looking for the best eye cream for wrinkles or a great eye cream for dark circles, you should definitely consider this cream.
- It features a very creamy consistency, a faint floral scent and it is a very convenient eye cream, since you need just a little drop to obtain all the benefits.
Shiseido White Lucent Anti Dark Circles Eye Cream.
The Shiseido White Lucent Anti Dark Circles Eye Cream is a dedicated product that is possibly the best eye cream for dark circles. It combines very advanced and effective ingredients to help the skin under your eyes and around your nose look radiant and bright. It is an intensive eye cream that targets the two main causes of dark circles around the eyes: poor microcirculation and pigmentation. It helps reduce the blue and brown dark circles around the eyes to help you achieve a youthful look.
These are some of its main features and benefits:
- It features the Shiseido-exclusive Dark Circle Diminisher that attacks dark circles around the eyes in three ways: It addresses microcirculation in the entire area to infuse radiance and freshness, it prevents dark circles’ formation in the future and it targets their root causes.
- It also features humectant-rich Super Hydro-Synergy Complex N that hydrates the skin instantly and then maintains the moisture for hours to make the skin under your eyes look rejuvenated and fresh.
- It also combats signs of fatigue, aging, and dehydration.
- It is a great choice for people with delicate skin, since it was tested by dermatologists and ophthalmologists.
LifeCell Cooling Under-Eye Treatment.
LifeCell Cooling Under-Eye Treatment is designed to treat wrinkles, discoloration, and signs of aging and fatigue in the form of a cooling treatment. It is a great option to use when you start to notice the first signs of aging and discoloration, since it targets and prevents those signs from further developing. Its fantastic combination of very effective ingredients starts to work immediately and then continues to work over time to brighten your eye area and make the skin smoother.
This is arguably the best under eye cream available, and some of its main features and benefits are:
- It provides instant puffiness relief.
- It includes Vitamin C Ester, DMAE, and retinol that help reduce all visible signs of aging in the skin under the eyes.
- It has a cool and thin metal tip for versatility when applying it to the contour of the eye.
- It enhances the skin’s natural elasticity, minimizes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and reduces the appearance of under-eye discoloration.
- It is hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, parabens free and it has been approved by dermatologists to be suitable for sensitive skins.
- It can be refrigerated over night to enhance its puffiness and redness relief properties.
Olay Eyes, Eye Lifting Serum by Olay.
Olay Eyes, Eye Lifting Serum by Olay is a very effective eye treatment that reduces the appearance of under-eye bags and plumps sagging skin by hydrating it. This is one of the greatest options if you feel like the skin under your eyes has started to lose firmness and bag, because thanks to its effective ingredients, the Olay Eyes, Eye Lifting Serum rejuvenates the skin under your eyes, making it look more firm and smooth.
These are some of its pros and features:
- It creates a lifted eye look by hydrating the sagging skin under your eyes, which makes it look firmer and smoother.
- It treats and prevents as well the formation of under-eye bags by moisturizing your skin. This feature makes it one of the best under eye cream in the market.
- It features a very effective combination of Amino-Peptide and vitamin complex that increases surface cell turnover.
- It is fragrance-free, non-greasy and fast absorbing.
- It works very quickly. In just two weeks of using this serum twice a day, you will notice that your skin looks substantially firmer and brighter.
- The plumping effect it produces on eye bags is immediate, reducing their appearance considerably.
Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream.
The Neutrogena Rapid Dark Circle Repair Eye Cream is the last item on this list, but that does not make it any less amazing. This eye cream for dark circles come in a pen-like shape that makes applying it incredibly easy and precise, and while its focus is on the dark circles formed in the skin around the eyes due to bad sleeping habits, it also helps moisturize, rejuvenate and make your skin look smoother, brighter and firmer.
It has many benefits and features, and some of them are:
- It works instantly to make your eyes look less fatigued.
- It reduces the look of dark circles substantially after just one week of applying it daily.
- It is formulated with the exclusive Accelerated Brightening Complex, which brightens up the area around the eyes.
- It was tested by ophthalmologists and dermatologists.
- It works beautifully just by itself or you can even wear it under make up to target stubborn wrinkles and crows feet. Thanks to this, it is possibly the best eye cream for wrinkles you can get.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQs)
1 What are eye creams and why they are used?
Eye creams are cosmetic products designed to improve the looks of the skin in the area around the eyes. If you have dark circles under eyes cream can be the solution you need.
2 Are there any side effects?
All the products in this list were tested extensively by dermatologists and ophthalmologists and should have no side effects, but mild irritation is possible if your skin is incredibly sensitive.
3 Can men use eye creams?
Of course; eye creams make the skin under the eyes look better and there are different brands with options specifically designed for men or women.
4 When can I expect to see results?
Some of these creams provide immediate results, and all of them will make your skin look substantially better after no longer than one month.If you have dark circles under eyes cream can take a little longer to fully treat them.
5 Which eye cream is best while we go to office?
If you are required to wear makeup at your office, you should try creams that can be worn under makeup.
6 How much do I use and when?
Depending on the brand you choose, you should use the eye cream daily or twice a day.
7 Are there any toxic ingredients in the formula?
All the eye creams in this list have safe ingredients tested by ophthalmologists and dermatologists and should not pose a problem unless you are allergic to one of the ingredients. You should check the ingredient list before purchasing any cream.
8 I have sensitive skin; will our products work for me?
There are several products in this list designed to be suitable for people with sensitive skin.
9 What amount of eye cream would it be a good idea for me to utilize?
Since these are pretty effective products, just a little drop of around 2 ml should work, unless otherwise specified in a particular product.
10 Where can I find more information about this product, including price?
All this eye creams are made by renowned brands and they can be easily found just by doing a quick Internet search.
11Are eye creams accessible at Amazon?
Yes, Amazon sells a lot of the eye creams in this list.
12 Are your products Gluten-free?
Most eye creams don’t contain Gluten, but If you are concerned due to a medical condition, you should contact the manufacturer directly before using any product
13 When you apply eye cream, is it better to avoid the eye area and then use the serum for the eye area afterward?
Usually, yes; most products designed to be applied to the eye area come with pen-like tips for maximum precision. If your cream comes in a regular presentation you should avoid the eye area while applying it.
14 Does DNA dream night cream bring about any negative reactions?
There have been some claims that it can cause dream terrors, but the official posture of the company is that said claims have no scientific backing.
15 Can the product be used during pregnancy and/ or breastfeeding?
Usually, you should only avoid eye creams with retinoids if you are pregnant, but it is always safer to consult your doctor about the particular cream you want to use before using it.
16 To what extent should the product last?
Most of these treatments last for at least a couple months, though that time can vary depending on how much you use and the particular presentation of the brand you choose.
17Can’t find the answer to a question you have?
You should contact the company directly to find out more about a specific product.